Pune, a thriving metropolis in India, is well-known for both its expansive landscapes and its cutting-edge educational institutions. Pune’s diverse, diligent, and effective education environment has earned it the nickname “Oxford of the East.” Along with universities specializing in the Design, Commerce, and Arts streams, it also houses some of India’s most renowned engineering colleges, which provide courses in a range of engineering branches. Let’s take a closer look at a few of Pune’s top engineering schools to see how they can help you succeed in the classroom.
The prerequisites for admission to various engineering courses vary by college. There are approximately 4000 colleges in India, and more than 50 lakh people apply for admission to these schools each year. The criteria for admission that colleges and universities have established are listed below.
For a Bachelor’s Degree
- Candidates must have received at least a 55% on their most recent 10+2 qualifying exam in order to be considered.
- They must have completed math, physics, and chemistry courses for their 10+2 diploma from an accredited board in the science stream.
- Many universities offer entrance exams for admission to engineering programs, while others offer a cut-off or merit-based system.
- Candidates must receive at least a 55% to 60% on their final qualifying exam for their bachelor’s degree in order to be eligible to apply for PG engineering courses.
- A BE/B. Tech or a BSc as the most recent degree is required for some courses.
- Admissions will be made based on either merit or the results of engineering entrance exams, per the policies of the colleges.
Read more : CA institute in Pune
Leading Engineering Schools in Pune
The following is a list of Pune’s top engineering schools. Check it out:
- College of Engineering, Pune
- Savitribai Phule Pune University
- Army Institute of Technology
- MIT College of Engineering
- Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University College of Engineering
Govt. Engineering Colleges in Pune
The public engineering schools in Pune total 14. Because they provide better facilities, more opportunities for research, and job placements than private colleges at a more reasonable price, applicants prefer government colleges. The top government engineering schools in India, along with their tuition prices, are listed in the section below.
|College Name||Average Fees|
|College of Engineering Pune||INR 40,600|
|Army Institute Of Technology||INR 194,250|
|IIIT Pune||INR 234,500|
|Vasantdada Sugar Institute||INR 37,000|
|Institute of Bioinformatics and Biotechnology||INR 85,787|
Read more : Best Schools of Pune
Best Engineering Colleges in Pune: Admissions Process
At various educational levels, including undergraduate, graduate, diploma, and so forth, there is a chance of admission to engineering programs. Students must satisfy a set of eligibility requirements in order to be accepted into any of the available engineering education levels.
Undergraduate engineering degree: Candidates for admission to any college, reputable or not, must have successfully completed their 10+2 exams in the science stream with the three mandatory subjects – Physics, Math, and Chemistry. Additionally, the applicant must have received a minimum overall passing grade on the tests.
PG engineering degree: In order to be admitted to the next stage of education after a UG degree, students must have completed or passed their B.Tech exams and obtained a valid score on the GATE entrance exam.
To be eligible for an undergraduate degree, students must have received a minimum of 35% in both science and math on their class 10 board exams.
The engineering PG Diploma is only offered by a small number of institutions. The admission requirements are similar to those for M.Tech.